Other Ways to Help
How You can Join the Efforts to End Family Homelessness in Massachusetts
- Contact your legislators: tell them that you are concerned about family
homelessness in the commonwealth.
- Sponsor a family in our Leadership Development Institute.
- Organize an event to raise awareness at your work, school, church,
or other groups with Homes for Families and our Speaker’s Bureau.
- Arrange a fundraising event to benefit Homes for Families or a family
homelessness program in your community.
- Arrange a donation drive for useful items such as kitchen baskets
for new homes, toiletries, gift cards, and school supplies.
- Become a “professional volunteer” by encouraging your
company to provide in kind support to non profits, such as website assistance,
fundraising, staff mentoring, and donating office supplies.
- Write letters to the editor on the subject of family homelessness.
- Organize others to respond to action alerts and contact their legislators.
- Volunteer: Become a student mentor (www.onefamilyinc.org)
, a parent mentor (www.wellspringhouse.org),
a Playspace Volunteer (www.horizonsforhomelesschildren.org),
or contact a local shelter and ask about opportunities for tutoring,
organizing donations, meal service or for other volunteer opportunities.
- Inform your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and acquaintances
about Homes for Families and the belief that we will end homelessness
in the Commonwealth.
To volunteer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"We all experience hardships, be it emotionally or financially,
but no child should have to suffer as a result. No child should ever
have to experience homelessness."